Stats boosting (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, July 18, 2014, 21:41 (3578 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I assume you're waiting to say how displeased you are about this. Personally I also want/wanted stats to have minimal influence.

No. I like it. It's because it ADDS complexity to the game, in that you have to decide if you want higher defense, other abilities, or the cooldown reduction. I find the ability to throw significantly more grenades to be really helpful, so I pass up equipping cool items that don't add to discipline, but others may find different abilities more valuable.

Games like Diablo usually don't do this, since there are few item properties actually worth getting, and the ones that are are of tons of importance.

That's a refreshing take on it, I hadn't thought about it that way, or not lately. Although, personally (again), I would rather be able to have everything, but if they can make things I don't care about, then I wouldn't mind choosing to go improve things I do care about and not other things.
So how about that sniper rifle? Is it game breaking? Can it get objectives? Can it flip switches?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread