Beta: Upping the grind (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, July 18, 2014, 21:57 (3572 days ago)
edited by Cody Miller, Friday, July 18, 2014, 22:02

I'm not happy to see this.

Compared to the Alpha, you acquire glimmer MUCH more slowly than before. Your resource trade ins are worth much less than before, and there's way less spin metal. Getting 40 to trade in takes way longer than in the Alpha, and when you do you only get 25 Vanguard points. Really?! Might as well just do two missions.

The gun situation is similarly borked. I got a ton of Blue Items in the Alpha, and vendors occasionally sold blue engrams. In the Beta, I haven't had a single Blue drop yet, nor have I seen anything blue for sale.

I hope collection is not this slow in retail. I hate grinding. With a passion. Anything that makes the game more grindy is making it worse.

That being said, everything seems much easier compared to the Alpha, but I don't know if that's because it actually is, or because I'm just better at the game. The strike in particular was significantly easier on Level 8 as compared to Legend.

Expect a fuller post in a few days.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread