My First Story Mission (Destiny)

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 12:57 (3570 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I immediately got thrown into a Public Event and danced away with 4 other guardians.

I was just wandering around in explore mode and did a public event by myself and DAMN is the game that much more amazing with the magic of guardians coming over the hill.

I don't think it'd be Destiny if it was missing that magic.

I completely agree. That Devil Walker event at the Cosmodrome really showed me how much Destiny relies on cooperative play and how much better this game is because of it. When I first encountered it, I was totally alone and going up against that tank and a dozen infantry. That isn't fun when you're only a level two Hunter without any heavy ammo. The next day, I was with my friend and her and I had been chilling in that one area with the Devil Walker for an hour just having a ton of fun killing the same enemies over and over again. When that Devil Walker showed up, her and I were in a better position to kill it with our abilities, but so were the two other Guardians who came running over the hills to join us.

You can't get that feeling in a solo campaign game. NPC allies can only help you out so much. Playing from the start with fellow Guardians in accomplishing daunting tasks is so fulfilling. Being pinned down with only your Ghost to keep you company makes you feel isolated from the world. Seeing a bunch of Guardians rush into the battlefield on their Sparrows to help you advance in on the enemy lets you know that you will never be in this game alone.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread