This game is incredibly confusing (Destiny)

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 16:58 (3569 days ago) @ Jordan117
edited by Grizzlei, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 17:02

And so much of the universe, while hinting at something coherent, is presented without any context or explanation. I see humans, but who are these Awoken and Exos? Is The Speaker in charge of The Tower, or just some kind of oracle? What's New Monarchy, or Dead Orbit, or the Future War Cult? "You know we're right"... about what exactly? It doesn't make any sense to me. I don't know anything about these factions or people, which makes it really hard to care. And I still can't reliably distinguish between the various enemy races, or the various sub-races in each. I'm sure there's a wiki I can pore through, but basic information like this should be made clear in the game.

This is only a little fraction of the game's whole story so you shouldn't be concerned that nothing is explained right away. The Cosmodrome in Old Russia is the first available section in the game it seems. Everything good takes some time to realize its fullest potential.

The Speaker may or may not be the leader of the Tower, but it is likely that they hold a significant position in its operation alongside the Vanguards. What we do know is that the Speaker is the embodied voice of the Traveler.

New Monarchy and those other groups that aren't important at all are factions. Each of them are more than the colors and logos that seem to differentiate them right now. They all have unique motives, aspirations, and capabilities.

Also, to be frank, it is quite easy to notice the differences in the enemy ranks. The only two that could be likened to each other are the Fallen Vandals and the Hive Acolytes, but even then, hovering over their body provides you a detailed HUD pop-up featuring their type, health, shields, and level. Only in the heat of the moment where you're bogged down by enemy baddies are you really likely to be unable to distinguish between them and that's a good thing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread