How To Power Level? (Destiny)

by RC ⌂, UK, Friday, July 25, 2014, 06:58 (3569 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I've been thinking of the following strats:

• Speed run the Story Missions until you're Level 6

Not particularly efficient apart from the Prologue mission; where you get a free upgrade to Level 2 while going into the final building. So literally just run past everything until you're inside the final building (but do pick up your weapons!!)

The other 4, a lot of your time is spent running or riding and NOT earning XP. So full-on, lower-difficulty speed runs leave you only at level 5 by the end of it all (I've tried it, so this is from experience).

I think you'd be better off going in on the higher difficulty, co-op to take the edge off the difficulty, and killing everything as you go. The higher difficulty has higher first-complete XP bonuses by 500-1000 XP, so that'll help. Plus there are more enemies to get XP from by killing.

[*]Replay the Story Missions with Bounties at a higher difficulty

Bounties definitely help a lot. But depending on what they are, the Story mode won't be optimal. There's one for 'Fallen Majors and Ultras' where you might be better off farming an Explore spawn. e.g. there is a Reaver Vandal (I think) spawn on Forgotten shore near the back that I just sniped a lot.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread