Our Beta experience (Destiny)

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 22:24 (3570 days ago) @ Oholiab

Sparrows were a thrill, my son said it was like riding an imperial speeder during a podrace. I hope there are race game types.

Sparrows and Pikes are some of the coolest video game vehicles. Really interesting maneuverability and abilities.

We did a lot of exploring. Someone else mentioned that the immediate enemy respawns in this mode killed the immersion, and I would agree. The kids didn't care: more chances to kill enemies.

I thought it was fantastic. Since ammunition for your special and heavy weapons can seem so sparse, they're a great method not only to stock up on ammo, but also test which weapons in these two classes you find most appealing to your play style at the time. Not to mention it's fun and relieves you of having to backtrack through these areas in the most boring way possible.

Contrary to the advice I received, I found myself rarely switching primary and secondary weapons. I was all about the hand cannon and sniper rifle. I wanted to collect less weapons and more upgrades to the weapons I prefer. The reload time on that hand cannon is excruciating! Taking off the head of a Fallen was as satisfying as a Grunt's birthday party. I also rarely used my super, something I confess I need to get in the habit of using more often.

Yeah, headshots in this game are very satisfying with the visual effects to the point that even in close quarters with a pulse rifle I'm trying to see the white mist flow from their necks.

For me the Supers are to be only used in that "oh fuck I'm about to bite it" moment or against Devil Walkers because it always seems so uncertain when your charge meter is going to be full again and you don't want it left empty.

Crucible. I really enjoyed the control game type, and the narration was great. My kids have been repeating it all weekend. I've always been terrible at PvP, but I couldn't get any kills in crucible unless I was atop a structure with my sniper rifle. Not sure what other people were using on me, but I was dead in two shots.

Foot combat is just a pain in the ass if you're new or unaccustomed to the gameplay or the map.

That tank on the moon seemed way too powerful.

Okay, well, I don't like you anymore. Go away.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread