Our Beta experience (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, July 28, 2014, 13:08 (3569 days ago) @ Oholiab

What do the colors and symbols associated with the weapons mean?

Well, the orange is solar damage, purple is void, and blue is arc. Weapons with none of those specified do kinetic damage (meaning they do damage by hitting you in the face). Some enemies are likely more resistant or more susceptible to certain damage types, but the specifics aren't very clear at this point. Arc damage seems to be very effective against shields, but who knows about the others?

If I had to guess, all enemies will probably be susceptible to kinetic damage, but won't take quite as much damage as they would if you hit them with a damage type that they're especially vulnerable to. So kinetic damage won't be the best against anything, but will have the (possible) advantage of being universally applicable to everything. Caveat: this assumption is based entirely on Borderlands.

Why am I collecting spin metal leaves?

They can be turned in to the crucible quartermaster in exchange for other currencies. I think this is supposed to be a way for players who aren't ineterested in the crucible (such as me) to get crucible points, and possibly other things. Didn't investigate it much myself because I didn't get anywhere near the amount required to turn in (40, I think). My guess is that you don't acquire crucible points nearly as fast that way as you would from actually playing crucible matches. There might be other uses for spinmetal, but I'm not sure.

Can I pause the game?

Nope. Better find a safe place to hide, or go to orbit.

Is glimmer shared between the different Guardians we create?

Yes. It was in the beta, anyway.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread