Super Weird Synch Glitch (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, July 28, 2014, 02:02 (3569 days ago)

So I was playing the mission where you go and find the warmind the Fallen have been trying to hack with my dad.

This was on 360 and everything was going smoothly. At some point he stops on some stairs before the final room and I'm explaining how to switch to his heavy. He then says OK and is just standing there on the stairs looking around. I then see enemy radar movement and hear shots fired. He's calling out for me to come help and I'm super confused "Dad, you're just standing here on these stairs, what's going on".

I eventually piece together that he's invisibly separated from his character model which is looking around and shooting/meleeing when he shoots/melees. The interesting part is he's still connecting, fallen are dropping without me shooting at them. We finish the mission and he relates to me that the enemies weren't reacting to him. He could walk up to them and shoot them and they would just keep shooting at me even if I wasn't engaging them.

It was super bizarre. He then spent the rest of the play session talking about how he hoped this "feature" made it into the final game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread