How often would you go to the tower if nothing encrypted? (Destiny)

by Phoenix_9286 @, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 16:58 (3552 days ago) @ scarab

Did anyone meet up there before going off doing other stuff together? How does that work?

Yes. Quite a few times. It was a useful meeting place when we all had some prep to do before rolling into Russia, be it grabbing ammo packs, checking the inventory, turning in a quest, or collecting a bounty.

Unfortunately the Tower has like, a 16 player cap. If it's already at capacity, the game tells the people you've invited your Fireteam is full. In instances like that, we had to meet up in Orbit before heading back to the Tower.

It isn't a perfect system, and I totally feel a lot of the complaints (I share more than a few), but I like it.

And the bottom line for me is that encrypted stuff is a PITA. If encryption was removed from the game I would be a happier camper.

I'm not sure I'm opposed to it as a mechanic, but I don't exactly like it either. Perhaps if it wasn't telling me type of thing the encrypted item was upfront? Right now it tells you it's an encrypted special weapon, or a helmet, or gauntlets, or a class item. If encrypted items were more rare, and the game didn't announce what you should expect when you picked it up, I'd probably like it a bit more.

Once I hit 8 though, encrypted items definitely became more of an irritation. It was either going to be something common and under powered I'd never use, something I already had, or something I couldn't use because of the cap. 9 times out of 10, I was decrypting items to immediately turn around and turn them into Glimmer.

On that note... Guns and armor are pretty expensive, why am I only getting 5-10 Glimmer out of them when I tear them apart? I wouldn't say that was something that bothered me, it was just... weird.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread