How often would you go to the tower if nothing encrypted? (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 20:54 (3530 days ago) @ scarab

[snip]

I never bothered showing off my gear; is that even a thing?

Not yet, I don't think. In the normal view I can't even really distinguish good gear from bad. Perhaps over a longer period of time this will become more apparent.

I'd rather do all my shopping online. (Via web browser or tablet app)

What does that leave for the tower?

Social hub? Wat? We can't even talk to other players. I suppose that Bungie could add some lounges where proximity chat is enabled.

I expect there may be more options in that area, yes. Perhaps chat would be enabled on a clan-wide or faction-wide basis, or something similar-- at the very least, since fireteams are only 3, presumably there could be an option for friends-only proximity chat.

Did anyone meet up there before going off doing other stuff together? How does that work?

I didn't. In fact, it was much easier to meet up in orbit. When the game was busy, people would have trouble joining a fireteam from outside the City if the leader was in the city and the city was full.

And the bottom line for me is that encrypted stuff is a PITA. If encryption was removed from the game I would be a happier camper.

For me it wasn't that much of a PITA. In fact, it provided the necessary justification for short breaks between missions, strikes, and explore sessions.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread