But what if ... (Destiny)

by nash, Monday, August 04, 2014, 21:53 (3561 days ago) @ Avateur

Time will tell. I'm not a big fan of the Xbox One's annoying and out of touch UI as it is. Its ease of use compared to the 360 is a joke. Any improvements to what currently exists would be wonderful. And if Bungie can make it easier in-game by allowing me to bypass a lot of what the Xbox One wants me to do, then even better.

I haven't had the XB1 long, but its UI seems so much less intuitive and functional than the 360's. Great, I've got picture-in-picture, but I've lost voice message and file system management capabilities....

I don't know that Microsoft is behind the joining game issue, but there wasn't any obvious reason that I could see for Bungie to remove functionality that was clearly already built. We'll see what happens down the road, but I sure hope Microsoft would encourage rather than force developers to integrate their games with the system apps.

The XB1 software just isn't polished yet, and a one-size-fits-all model rarely turns out well. Plus, I would prefer to trust developers to continue to fix and support their own game's functionality rather than rely on Microsoft to do so.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread