Technically. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, August 11, 2014, 15:30 (3566 days ago) @ Grizzlei
edited by Korny, Monday, August 11, 2014, 15:35

Having read the novels, it was my understanding that AIs chose their own appearance, not that it was predetermined by programming. Therefore, there were no innately "female" or "male" AI. It was up to their own preference, so despite being modeled after Halsey's brain, Cortana could have chosen to look like Halsey's Journal for all we know...

Yeah, they're born gender neutral so long as their creators don't design them in any particular way. Advanced constructs merely take after their host's brain in a certain fashion, but their identity doesn't necessarily reflect that former personality and appearance. Cortana decided to have a feminine identity and take after her mother's appearance, but their personalities to an extent are wholly different.

Artificial intelligence is fucking awesome.

Indeed. Which makes me wonder about Ghosts. If they were made by the traveler, what drove it to make them intelligent and with free will, yet desiring to be subservient to a Guardian?

Also, since we're found in Russia, why is our Ghost British? I know he's been searching a long time, but wasn't London burned before the existence of the Guardians?

Edit: Yes, I am under the assumption that all British people live in London.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread