Technically. (Destiny)

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Monday, August 11, 2014, 16:19 (3566 days ago) @ Korny
edited by uberfoop, Monday, August 11, 2014, 16:23

They apparently talk to themselves as they scour about for years looking for their Guardian. As Griz notes, they may have been based off of dead people, much like the Guardians, and if that were the case, then they'd definitely know of freedom, even if they didn't have their full memories (Guardians apparently remember speech). In any case, it was said that they choose their Guardian...

I'm not seeing the point. They could easily be robots (with clever speech functionality) programmed to find a guardian, and then use the guardian to help accomplish various tasks.

(There is, of course, a worthwhile question here about what "free will" actually is.)

"I'm your Ghost."

That form of possessive doesn't imply subservience. In many practical uses it merely implies (often exclusive) association.

I mean, a dictator/slave owner/something could (grammatically appropriately) say "I'm your master" to a subject.

Not sure to what extent yet, but they seem to specifically consider Guardians their "boss", since they work pretty much as tools of the Guardian

In terms of dependence, there are strong relationships both ways. The ghost certainly can't do much without a guardian to shoot things with, but the guardian wouldn't be alive without the ghost.

The ghost is a tool of the guardian, but the guardian is seemingly also a tool of ghost (the entire purpose of a ghost might be to use a guardian as a tool).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread