Speculation Saturday #8: The Vex *SP* (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, August 23, 2014, 10:24 (3505 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- Interestingly, the Vex are fans of Geomancy. I'm a bit embarrassed I missed this for so long, but check out the etched circle below this Vex Hydra featured in the Vex enemy video on Destiny's website and the more recent Venus trailer. It should look very familiar to anyone who has been following Destiny since the beginning:

[image] vs. [image]

That second image is from Destiny's announcement mini-ARG. It was our reward for working together across the globe to decode a strange signal from the Alpha Lupi system. The patterns of circles and lines deal with geomancy and divination. One of the quotes, the one for Mercury on the upper right, says:

One face is blistered, the other plunged into a brutal chill. Is this how it's always been?[image]

You remember hot oceans, nourishing atmosphere. But something transpired, kicked what was wet and fertile into space, stealing away everthing of value. Or perhaps what thrived here for a day or for ten million years decided to leave, peeling its wet organics off the bones.

A name offers itself, and another, and a thousand more.

The answer feels like the iron heart of a collapsed star, and your realize the union between the past and the future is now.

We know the Vex have a major Citadel on Venus, but we've also seen a significant facility on Mercury. Would perhaps time traveling robots have anything with the past and future? Could all the quotes on that image possibly be from the Vex's point of view?!

Really good catch on this one. The concept of Geomancy answers alot of questions I have had about the Vex. At least... for now.

Doesn't answer one thing though. What do the Vex have against new carpets? :P

--------------

Also the "Destiny Videos - Official Bungie Releases" DBO page is missing this relevant video.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread