Check the 'RSS Postings' link for the 20 most recent posts (DBO)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Monday, August 25, 2014, 21:49 (3541 days ago) @ Speedracer513
edited by Pyromancy, Monday, August 25, 2014, 22:01

Am I the only one that would like the ability to have the 'latest postings' bar show much more than the ten most recent posts? Something like double that, perhaps?

I have found that the 'RSS Postings' feed link offers the same list from the side bar, but extended with 20 total entries. Make sure you check that out Speed Racer. It is linked on the bottom of every page and is great in a desktop browser bar for live RSS bookmarks. (may not work so great with phone browsers)

I'd like it to be much more than double, and not require logging in to make the side bar list longer. Besides looking at the newest threads, sadly I find it to be the quickest and easiest way for me to keep up to date with new postings. If stuff gets bumped from that side bar list there is the distinct chance that I will miss it, forever, especially if it is a new post in a really old topic (looking at you Vagueness :)). When browsing on my phone, on the go, I don't want to log in and that side bar with the newest posts is stupendous. I'm busy/lazy. I'm really bad with re-querying the forum order, thread view, list view, keeping cookies to retain blue posts vs. purple posts etc. So I always just browse not logged in and with the default settings left as is.

I fear for the days once the game is released, and the post count goes through the roof and I'm not able to check in on the side bar during the day. I will slowly drift more and more out of touch.

Thanks Claude for taking time and looking into feature requests!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread