Check the 'RSS Postings' link for the 20 most recent posts (DBO)

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 08:42 (3541 days ago) @ Pyromancy

I'd like it to be much more than double, and not require logging in to make the side bar list longer.

Okay, this is NOT going to be an option; the way this forum works, preferences are tied to a username. It won't set cookies at all if you don't log in - so changing the length of the list will REQUIRE logging in. I'm sorry.

Besides looking at the newest threads, sadly I find it to be the quickest and easiest way for me to keep up to date with new postings. If stuff gets bumped from that side bar list there is the distinct chance that I will miss it, forever, especially if it is a new post in a really old topic (looking at you Vagueness :)). When browsing on my phone, on the go, I don't want to log in and that side bar with the newest posts is stupendous. I'm busy/lazy. I'm really bad with re-querying the forum order, thread view, list view, keeping cookies to retain blue posts vs. purple posts etc. So I always just browse not logged in and with the default settings left as is.

Oh... so you're saying you want the DEFAULT to be longer, not that you want to be able to set the list length without a login. Hmm. I guess I can look at that. (Not today - today is SUPERpacked with stuff already. I'm not even supposed to be here right now.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread