Alternate Starting Ship *LIGHT Mission 1 Spoiler* (Destiny)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, September 09, 2014, 17:12 (3526 days ago)
edited by someotherguy, Tuesday, September 09, 2014, 17:22

As you've been playing today, you've probably noticed that the majority of players at this early stage are using either the default ship, or the "Unique" Legendary ship from the Limited Editions, which means there's kind of an oversaturation of both at the moment.

There's actually a third option, though it does require you to have access to either the LE ship.

You might not have even noticed, but the ship you obtain in the first mission is not the Default ship you leave the Tower with after your first visit. The ship you arrive in is visibly weathered and battle-worn, with a coating of dust for good measure.

Under normal cicumstances, when you speak to the Shipwright in the Tower for the first time, your beaten-up old ship is replaced with a 'repaired' ship of the same model, with brighter paint and no dust (ostensibly the same ship, but in reality they are two separate ship items).

But if you already have access to the LE ship through the Postmaster/Special Orders, you can swap the "weathered" model out of your inventory and into the Vault before speaking to the Shipwright, and you'll get to keep both skins.

Of course, the silhouette is the same, but the difference is noticeable when in flight from planet to planet. Sadly, most people you play with probably won't notice, but I thought it was a nice way to have something a bit different, without breaking the bank on a new ship.

EDIT: I'll try to get some screenshots up soon. I can't for the life of me remember my Photobucket password atm.

EDIT 2: I guess you could also use a ship you've bought with another character instead of the LE ship. But at that point you've probably bought a nice new ship to use, instead of a dusty old one.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread