How utterly stupid. (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 07:43 (3526 days ago) @ Blue_Blazer_NZ

A post on reddit has pointed out that when you completely run out of ammo, you can simply sit back and wait for 30 secs until the game automatically resupplies you.

Honestly, this seems a bit cheap and lame to me.

The ONLY reason that mechanic would need to exist is if your enemies are bullet sponges.

Oh...wait.

The other reason would be if you are tackling missions like that alone, which this game does not really encourage, though it is possible.

I never noticed this in the beta. When I ran out of ammo against the tank on my own, I assumed it was now time to use my fists until I got more. And you know what? I was OK with that. I just assumed it was my penance to endure for choosing to play a mission on hard that I wasn't really ranked for yet.

I really, truly wish games these days would just.stop.hand.holding.and.let.players.fail.time.to.time.

What are they worried about? People getting frustrated that they didn't succeed the first try, lost, got mad, and quit their game forever? Why pander to wimps?

I can't stand when there is no challenge to succeed, no consequence* for failure.

Consequence does not have to always equal punishment, either.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread