My two cents is... (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, September 12, 2014, 14:07 (3524 days ago) @ Schooly D

That people don't know what's good for them yet. I think before long, enough of the design decisions are going to hit home and the people clamoring for 4-5-person patrols and such are going to realize how ludicrous that all seems.

Furthermore, I think talking about bonuses and such like we've been hearing about is ill-advised. That contract language has since changed, a line which most of us have heard several times now. I think anyone in their right mind wouldn't bet on any MetaCritic rating for a game like Destiny, in that it looks to be set up for a long, slow burn rather than a one-off SKU with a bit of DLC planned here and there.

One thing I have to say was seriously missing from the PAX panel with Luke and Luke and M.E., was specific language about the way forward. If it's going to be supported like an MMO with frequent updates and new areas/enemies/gear to explore in each DLC, I think we can kind of rest easy. Mass Effect 3, Borderlands 1 & 2, and several other titles that can be lumped in the same basic category currently look nothing like they did at release. So there's room to grow.

...and if anybody kept MetaCritic score-based language in the contract, well...woe be unto them, eh?

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread