Reached Lv20... Lost interest. (Destiny)

by Hyokin, New York, Monday, September 22, 2014, 09:52 (3524 days ago)

Don't get me wrong, like a lot of my fine fellow DBOers, I don't think Destiny is a bad game and that it has a high degree of re-playability and fun. However, once I finished the story and reached Lv20, I sort of lost interest

I feel like the only way to progress now is to play Crucible(and I dislike competitive online multiplayer.)

The story missions were keeping me going... despite there being so very little story and so very little development, I did enjoy it. I've also read through most of the Grimoire on BNET, which added a lot of interesting things to the game!

Dregs have Arm Envy and I think that's hilarious. ;)

I think I've clocked more hours just patrolling the Cosmodrome shooting guys and finding chests than I have actually doing Patrol Missions, Story Missions, or playing Crucible. I want to explore and find interesting things, not the same three areas and then go to orbit, fly to another planet, and do the same thing.

I guess I wanted an open world, not a wider version of a linear level.

The graphics are gorgeous, the audio is amazing, and the soundtrack knocks my socks off. I just hate that a game that I enjoy so much has so much dependance on grinding and competitive play...

Did I mention that I LOVE fighting the Cabal?

I don't know why, but they're really fun to shoot!

Overall, I'd give it a 6/10.
Great gameplay, awesome sound, lacking story, annoying to grind.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread