Analysis so far

by thebruce ⌂, Ontario, Canada, Friday, March 01, 2013, 10:13 (4073 days ago) @ error_username_not_found

So, the PNG itself is corrupt. But I've determined that there's a 41 byte discrepancy creating a false CRC check in the 10th IDAT chunk, somewhere between offset 0x5000c and 0x60003.

The chunk CRC is stored as 0x7E8C0613, but the data retrieved is returning 0x3F54E4FA. All the other chunks (including the final two) are valid.

Unfortunately I can't seem to spot any embedded text or markers for another embedded data type just from scanning the binary... I might have missed something, but the next step would be to manually run through the uncompress of the valid IDAT data and find out where specifically the invalid data is.

If this were a valid PNG, I'd say if there's something hidden it's in the visible content. But it's an invalid PNG, like 0110, only 0110 had the very visible english phrase in its binary. This one, not so much... =/

OTOH, it might just be an invalid PNG without anything hidden in it, because they're all just counting down to something... :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread