Fireteam Etiquette (Destiny)

by scarab @, Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 12:19 (3522 days ago)

I find that it's a real hassle messaging people in this game. And it's a hassle reading messages.

If you are on my friends list and want to play with me then just join my fireteam and ask. It's unlikely that I'd say no :-) I suppose I might be doing something that I had to do solo but if that were the case then I'd let you know when I'd be free again.

It takes less time to join a fireteam and just ask than it takes to message and wait for a reply.

Don't waste ten minutes of your life sending a message and then, at least, half an hour waiting for me to notice, find somewhere safe to read it, etc, ect.

It's faster for you to just join my fireteam and speak to me.

For people not on my friends list: send a friend request then once you are a friend just jump in whenever you see me.

I don't really like Crucible but I'm game for anything else.

So if you are of a like mind and prefer people to join and ask... then reply to this message (even if you don't want to play with me). This way people will know if they should msg first or just chat inteam.

OTOH If I were to jump in on you and you where in a solo mood, just say so, I wont take offence and I wouldn't want you to do something you don't want to out of politeness. It takes two seconds of my time to jump in and out of a fireteam so it's not a problem.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread