Fireteam Etiquette (Destiny)

by Numinar @, Thursday, September 25, 2014, 03:56 (3522 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Typing with a controller or recording a message is super slow on PS4. It's worse than Skype, it will tell you a message has arrived but not actually display it in your message list for minutes at a time (maybe because my PSN account is on another continent).

VOIP isn't always appropriate, some people have not set their headsets up right, so one can barely hear them or there is brain melting interference. I myself sometimes have to not use it because small apartment with a Wife and Child who do not want to be woken up by my screaming "Spawns!".

I like the idea of some kind of fairly aggressive, low range opt-in proximity chat in the tower though. (With reporting tools of course.)

Does the game weigh tower matchmaking to friends in the tower already?

I love Destiny, but a few things are bumming me out this week related to obvious co-op content without a way to do this well:

No Clan list in the Roster. Dumb. Might be an issue with 1st Party requirements though or a legal headache. Manually entering peoples names sucks. Someone with skillz should write a script to do it through the web or something like we had with the grimoire codes. (import DBO PS4 players and add a proper message to each one).

No matchmaking for Weekly Strikes or those hard special story missions for the queen. If I have to be over-leveled to do something, give me MM. I hate spamming people with invites (I need to go through and add more people from our DBO list, I tend to stick to whoever is on the DBO phone chat but I guess hardly anyone uses that).

Suggestion: Set roster status. Have options like "Want to crucible", "Want to do event missions" or "Want to do Nightfall".

Sorry for the spam invites everyone. I sometimes only get a few hours a night and none of my usual friends are cool enough to like Destiny. See you all in orbit!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread