The Queen is Dead! Long live the Queen! (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 26, 2014, 09:30 (3507 days ago) @ bluerunner

I've got shards, but that's the reason I haven't used them. What's the point until I get the raid armor? Do I get those shards back if I scrap the armor I used them on?

You get shards for dismantling Legendary gear, usually about 3. It may be less than what you put into it, but hey, resale value and all that...

Each upgrade takes 6, and I get 3 back if I scrap it, so there's no big reason to do the last 3 upgrades until I get the raid armor then. I'll lose out on some defense in the meantime, but with the rarity of shards I would rather just wait.

I regularly do lvl.28 missions, and the only gear that I have upgraded with Shards are my Sunbreaker gauntlets, because I'm certain those are here to stay. Assuming you can avoid sustained gunfire, un-upgraded armor should hold you for a good long while... Until the Iron Banner, of course, but you should have some Raid gear by then, no? ;)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread