The Good, the Badass, and the Ugly—Early Thoughts on Destiny (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 27, 2014, 20:04 (3504 days ago) @ General Vagueness

- in the sub-screen where you pick your control layout, the top area of the screen and your Guardian card (or whatever you call it) make it hard or impossible to see what the triggers and bumpers do, depending on the exact positioning of the cursor

I don't know why I never thought to include this, but in the same vein as the above, when you're comparing weapons the little player card thing is constantly blocking the top information area of one of them, it's not all the time, but it's really common, and it shouldn't ever happen.

Set your screen bounds correctly. It's one of the first things the game makes you do, and it's in the options menu.

I did, I even checked it again later at one point and readjusted it because the little angle things weren't where I'd positioned them. Also when the queen's wrath thing came up I could only see like half of the queen.

Are you on a CRT?

yeah

It's possible that everything wasn't tested for that.

I want to doubt that, given they're still common and the game came out for systems that generally support them well, but... IDK

They aren't common anymore, and the PS4 at least does not support them out of the box. Set your screen bounds so that everything is within the title safe for your TV. Just pull it in even farther.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread