What are your expectations for gunplay?

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 11:05 (4044 days ago) @ SPQR Praetor

I agree that walking behind things is a good methodology for avoiding perforation but its the level design that gets me(and the inability to lay/stick or peak but to a lesser extent). The multiplayer maps in Halo can be excused in part as they were purpose built but I'm not sure they can get away with those things in Destiny.

The inability to... what?

"Coming up on the left you will see the property's main 'cavern and ramp' room. As you can see, it was built specifically so one would be able to enjoy, from a variety of heights, others enjoying others from a variety of heights. Of course the previous owners were sure to remove all seats, railings, walk-ways and other basic components to elevate the functionless aesthetic"

Well in Destiny we'll be exploring dead worlds that were more technologically advanced than we are at present and probably more than at the time the game takes place. Between technology beyond our understanding, looting, and the ravages of time, I could excuse a lot in level/world design. Of course, I could excuse a lot anyway because I think that's an area where it's OK to put gameplay ahead of everything else, but I think those are pretty good reasons we might encounter buildings and rooms that don't seem to make a lot of sense. An exception would be if we come across areas that clearly date to the present and don't appear to have been disturbed.
That reminds me, who else noticed the space shuttle attached to rockets in the announcement trailer? We already don't use them any more so I'm wondering what the deal is with that. Was it some kind of museum? Was it supposed to be the upcoming replacement for the space shuttle and just look really similar? Are we dealing with alternate history here, did the advancement that came before humanity was nearly wiped out happen in our past?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread