About Raid Plans for Saturday - The other side of the coin (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 11:47 (3516 days ago) @ Kermit

I see the sense of this, but I'm conflicted after hearing so many here talk about the importance of going in spoiler-free.

Going in spoiler-free isn't as great as some people claim. It's a great experience to be confused until the eureka moment hits, but at some point, the wonder and tension becomes frustration.

I was trying to keep our group spoiler-free, other than giving them general tips on what we should focus on, but sometimes my advice was bad, or we'd find a technique that worked better. You'd think that me, being the more experienced, would work better using the [Spoiler], but I avoided using it when possible, instead, one of the fellow DBOers stepped up and proceeded to get us wiped... but then he used it again, and again, getting better each time. Not only that, but others tried too, and we, as a team, began gravitating towards that one specific person doing the thing. That felt great, and rewarding; though I was the guide, we didn't have a leader. We worked as a group... Except for phase 2, of course...

Being spoiler-free naturally is my preference, but on the other hand, I kind of expect to fail the first time I try it.

Went in spoiler-free my first run. It was neat enough, but success through working as a unit was much better. It's one thing for everyone to know the steps, another to pull them off with synchronicity, and without needing anyone to shout instructions...

The raid was a blast, no matter how you go into it. Heck, I was ready to go again with a new team mere minutes after our success.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread