*sOT* Conspiracy! Everywhere!

by ncsuDuncan @, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 19:33 (4044 days ago) @ BMRX

So I'm new here... Never even heard of HBO or the like until about half an hour ago.

Anyways! As I understand it, there is a lot of conspiracy theories around... With Bungie's secrecy and what not. It seems to revolve around the number Seven... I had no clue that for most of the time I had been sporting some sort of secret icon as my emblem for so long... (I found this site due to my disappointment with a lack of The Seventh Column emblem in the latest Halo release)

I'm wondering if the Conspiracy theories that I've seen around here are actually close to truth? Some people seem to be hell bent on decoding an actual release date for Destiny... Which seems to have Seven letters in it... Clever? Coincidence? I'm not sure what to believe any more.

Back to my question, has there actually been anyone to properly "decode" or "figure out" any secrets before release dates or what have you... Does my question make sense? I'm not sure, I hope so. Confusion has hit me and my mind is blown... So blown...

EDIT/ I would post this on the Bungie site... But I like it here better.

Welcome to DBO! Glad you like it so far.

As for the "release date conspiracy theories", I wouldn't spend too much time on them. I'd be very, very surprised if Bungie or Activision have a firm date picked already. Stuff like that tends to change a lot as they figure out when other games/consoles are releasing (and when exactly they'll be done with Destiny). Bungie is known to put teases and codes in pre-release material, but I think it's far too early for them to start teasing a release date now.

Stick around! I'm sure we'll dig something up eventually, even if it's not a date. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread