Patrol Missions - Ideas for new Ones (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 16:58 (3505 days ago)

Let's be honest, the patrol missions are boring and repetitive. Go to point X. Go to point X and scan the object there. Go to point X and kill target T there. Kill Y enemies. Kill Y enemies in order to collect Q of (item type) from their bodies. And that, my friends, is 100% of the missions you'll encounter in patrol mode. It's even more sad because there are only 5 basic types of missions, and the bounty is to complete 6 missions total, so you're guaranteed to see repeat types in any bounty effort.

Bungie, you could spice this up in oh-so-many-ways. Let's brainstorm:

- Recover a lost ghost. This is a "go to area X" type mission, but there's a ghost *somewhere* in that area and you have to actually do some looking around to find it.

- Rescue a fallen guardian. Again, go to area X, but then there are a bunch of enemies you wouldn't normally encounter in that area and you have to kill them in order to rescue a guardian that fell there.

- Race! Go to area X in a certain amount of time. This mission can be failed, and which point you can just pick up another mission.

- Absolute carnage. Kill X enemies in a certain amount of time.

- Extinction order. Kill X of a specific type of enemy. Kill 20 Dregs, kill 20 vandals, kill 2 Wizards, for example.

- Support mission. Help other guardians in your area earn X kills.

- Supply run. Take the item given to you at the start of this mission to point X, and which point you complete the mission and it drops ammo of all types for the guardians nearby.

- Survive. This mission starts the "enemies are mobilizing against each other" mini-war event in the area. You must stay in that area and survive until the mini-war ends.

- Treasure Hunt. You must find and open 5 chests.

- Resource farm. You must find and collect 5 resource nodes.

- Orbital bombardment. Changes the player's grenade into a beacon that calls down lasers from space (the warsats, I assume). Kill X enemies with LASERS FROM SPACE!

- Cut off the head. Kill 3 Ultras or Majors.

- Cut off the head, literally. Kill X enemies with melee to the face!

Post your other ideas here! I don't think most of these would be very difficult to add.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread