Persistent MP Maps?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, March 04, 2013, 14:35 (4069 days ago) @ ZaneZavin

Now I'm starting to stretch it a bit more, but what if this carried over to the competitive/pvp shooter aspect of the game. Could you imagine if the maps were persistent between releases? How incredible would it be if all the maps from a previous game were still available to play? I'm sure they would have playlists to feature the new maps and gameplay options. However, if it was all together and available it would lead to one of the most robust and mindblowing games/universes. Destiny could be absolutely awesome in year one, and beyond belief by year ten.

I'm probably too optimistic and reading into things in the manner that I would hope for them to be. I just like to think of how awesome it could be.

I have to agree that would be very cool. And since the world is affected by the players you could even have the multiplayer maps evolve a little bit. Like a base that got bombed by an alien spaceship for example.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread