Marty Game Sound Con Talk (Gaming)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, October 08, 2014, 17:01 (3494 days ago) @ Jabberwok

The lack of moral rights is what bothers me. But even aside from that, it just kind of sucks when creators lose their own IP to a company. First, because it means they can no longer utilize what they created. Second, because the companies not infrequently make something bad with that property. Or even just sit on the rights so no one else can use them.

I agree. (I still think only using the older Halo music for a few seconds in the beginning and over part of the credits was a completely foolish move by Microsoft.)

I'm still not very happy about the Windows phone Cortana thing. Or Bethesda owning Fallout.

I don't know much about Fallout, but Cortana was pretty different from what Marty was talking about, Jen Taylor cooperated with Microsoft to make Cortana. It's possible she was mislead about the final product, but a lot of people around here seemed to figure out what it would be like as soon as it was announced, so it's hard to think she was clueless.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread