Marty Game Sound Con Talk (Gaming)

by Jabberwok, Monday, October 13, 2014, 13:29 (3490 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I don't know much about Fallout, but Cortana was pretty different from what Marty was talking about, Jen Taylor cooperated with Microsoft to make Cortana. It's possible she was mislead about the final product, but a lot of people around here seemed to figure out what it would be like as soon as it was announced, so it's hard to think she was clueless.

Hmm, the Cortana thing is definitely different, because I wasn't really referring to their use of Jen Taylor's work, but to the IP in general, and commercializing it in a completely different context that has nothing to do with the game universe. I guess it's the use of the character or at least the name, that bothers me. Cortana has been relegated from saving the galaxy to saying inane things for Microsoft's Siri ripoff.

Actually, I wasn't even aware that Jen Taylor was involved with it at all. It sounds nothing like her in the adds to me, but I suppose it wouldn't, because they would just be using tiny voice samples if anything.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread