Gamespot Destiny article

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Monday, March 04, 2013, 23:38 (4064 days ago) @ mnemesis

I played WoW for a while, and there were definitely some fun times when suddenly a world event hit the server. WoW cliches and tropes aside, there's something pretty neat about a bunch of players hanging out in a virtual space and suddenly, Zombies! (or, Dragon! or everybody's turned into rabbits or whatever)

I very much look forward to the Bungie/FPS implementation of this kind of thing, if that's really what's coming. Plus, capes.

Shoot, yeah. Guess I didn't play WoW long enough to run into one of those major server-wide events but they were always a blast in EVE and Asheron's Call...really got people talking and brought the world to life. And if you weren't around to see it when that shit went down, you'd only hear about it from the old timers, like tales passed down through the ages.

Now, it seems like Bungie has a good idea about how long they want to work on developing this universe. Will the nature of the world change dramatically over the course of the franchise's lifespan? Will there be an "ending"? I'm eager to see what they do with it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread