Gamespot Destiny article

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 20:48 (4069 days ago) @ General Vagueness

hmm, so... kick butt in competitive multiplayer --> rack up points or credits or whatever --> buy a shiny new spoiler or afterburner or whatever for my ship --> show it off in co-op (and more competitive multiplayer?)... I'm starting to warm up to this formula
They said before you can play by yourself, but does that include when you're on-line? Can you really be by yourself then? What about if you're playing with a set group? Will random people pop up when you're doing... whatever? Will they be able to mess with you or your group when you're just trying to get through a mission or get from A to B? Please, Bungie, tell me that can't happen, not just that it won't, but that it can't.

I'd be shocked if Bungie isn't giving this scenario thought. I haven't played Dark Souls, but from what I gather, there is a heavy price to pay for griefing. I think many of us are wondering about how they'll discourage that.

Perhaps there's a realistic mechanism for maintaining party "privacy." Perhaps, on our journey, we'll go around a city, avoiding public areas, instead of going through of the city's center.

Hmm, I know many of us like playing levels we know by heart, fully aware of the range of the NPCs' behaviors, but boredom eventually sets in and we move on to something else. But what if they aren't NPCs? Hmm.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread