Qualitative Results (Destiny)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, November 03, 2014, 06:49 (3472 days ago) @ someotherguy

So I just tested Steadyhand (no acquisitIon), Truesight (good acquisition) and Sureshot (superb) on the same weapon, to see how they felt.

I can't really "measure" target snap or autoaim/magnetism, so obviously this is all qualitative and anecdotal.

Essentially I didnt see a difference. There doesn't seem to be any snap-to aim assist, at least in PvE (didnt test PvP. Hard to get targets to stand still long enough). There's also no difference in the range at which the reticule (reticle?) turns red,

There might be a slight increase in magnetism, but not enough that I can say it wasn't confirmation bias, and definitely not enough to be worth picking Sureshot over the higher stability Steadyhand.

Im thinking maybe it affects zoom? According to the wiki Iron Dights dont affect zoom, but I'll have a test myself.

Quantitative post for ADS time coming soon. Need more data.

What about hitting crit spots? In my Scout Rifle days, felt like I would hit crit spots much more easily using certain scopes.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread