Newbie Raid on 360 for 9AM EST Nov 8/9 (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, November 03, 2014, 19:53 (3472 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I'm finally leveled up enough, so I'd love to.
I know you advocate going in blind, and I really wanted to; will this be a chance to do that? If not, I'll probably wait.

Almost. I have glitched into the first sequence and seen a little of it, but not completed it. I think we'll probably have at least 1-2 players who have completed it, but we're going to ask them to keep mum about the details.

This is me: http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/1/4611686018430224533/2305843009219629106 level 27 Hunter, Gunslinger fully unlocked, Bladedancer close
I'm slightly concerned outside of the figuring it out factor-- I heard your weapons were very important to doing well, and in particular having legendary or exotic weapons. I have a bunch of rares, a few uncommons, a legendary primary (The Calling, FWC scout rifle, I got it as a reward), and an exotic heavy (Super Good Advice, a machine gun, from a bounty), and my rare hand cannon hits harder than my legendary scout rifle and has similar but seemingly shorter kill times, at least for now; I don't know if that means that advice wasn't so great, or if the rifle just isn't so great. I'm also slightly lacking in the void weapons department, which I understand is important; I have a rare void sniper, an uncommon void machine gun, and an uncommon void rocket launcher (I don't want to let go of the rocket launcher because it has the secondary explosion perk and can fire twice before reloading, but it has under 100 attack, which is way less than most or all of my other weapons, so if I can find a stronger one, I'll keep it).

I think we'll have a pretty good range. I've got legendary void snipers, machine guns and rocket launchers, and I know some other players do as well, along with a range of exotics (although I don't think I have a void exotic).

My other details, if you prefer to read them or can't get to b.net: as I said I have Gunslinger fully unlocked and Bladedancer almost fully unlocked, I just have the last four traits/abilities left; I should have at least one or two more unlocked by Saturday. As for the armor, I just got all kitted out with legendaries and an exotic. The exotic is fully upgraded (Crest of Alpha Lupi, courtesy of Xur; the faster revives might help and I'm sure the extra orbs will) and the gauntlets are close, with the helmet a little behind and the boots basically brand new. Once I upgrade my legendaries all the way I should be at 28, and I can get really close to that if not all the way there by Saturday.

I think that's pretty good. I'm about 28.5 right now and I think we'll have at least one 29 and another 28.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread