Huh. Fair and Square is more powerful than I though... (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 00:07 (3444 days ago)

I've been playing with my Hunter a lot recently, switching between The Last Word, The Devil You Know, Bad Juju (which is actually pretty awesome in the Crucible), Patience and Time, and Epitaph 2261... but I got tired of that tonight. Something about the way I play my Hunter... mid-close range and a bit frantic at all times... wore me out so I switched back to my Defender Titan which I play slower, more feet on the ground, using Fair and Square to engage at generally longer ranges.

For a while now I've suspected something was up with Fair and Square but could never really prove it. Sometimes rival Guardians seemed to die too quickly! It generally takes three to four shots to kill an enemy but from time to time I almost thought I was getting the occasional kill with only two pulls of the trigger. Tonight I finally got the proof I was looking for. I engaged an enemy at mid range as they jumped high from a ridge on First Light. My first and second burst were on target, but my third burst hit the ground in front of me! The auto aim had turned off and sent my aim sharply downward because I had indeed gotten a two shot kill. I have no idea how many of the six bullets it too for the kill, probably all six, but my entire final burst was very clearly in the dirt. Needless to say, I was fairly impressed.

My Crucible Variant of Fair and Square with Third Eye and High Caliber Rounds is fairly stable and I can generally outshoot any gun going up against me in a fair duel, but if you can ever find a Fair and Square with something like Perfect Balance it might just be one of the best guns in the Crucible!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread