Recommendations for pulse rifles (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 01:11 (3444 days ago) @ red robber

Since venturing more into PvP, I've found that autos seem to work best, at least for me. I have one legendary pulse rifle in the conduit. Its nice with full auto and glass half full, but still doesn't seem to put em down as fast as my shadow price.

I've heard some folks like the strangers rifle. I have an aversion to using rares though. Just doesn't seem right. Fair and Square sounds good, maybe I'll try it next.

Any other good pulse rifles out there?

The Stranger's Rifle is actually really good. I'd say it's on par with Fair and Square except for two things. 1. Its lower attack rating will make it less effective in special events like the Iron Banner and high level PvE content like raids. 2. It has no scope so it's a bit harder to aim at distant targets. Other than that though it is pretty great and I'm actually a bit surprised I don't see it more often. It was in use a lot during the early days but seems to have dropped off to almost nothing. It's easy to use and kills quick, but maybe everyone else sees that blue background and puts it aside?

Bad Juju is really good in the Crucible. It's actually a lot like the Stranger's Rifle in that it can fire full auto, can be very stable, but lacks a scope so has to stick to the lower end of mid range. Its main drawback is its small clip size. It can kill in three very quick bursts (aim for the head) but it only holds five burst in the magazine so you don't have a lot of leeway for misses vs something like Fair and Square's 8 shot clip. The good news is with Bad Juju's signature upgrade this problem largely goes away. If you get the kill before you reload it will magically refill the clip and you can just keep firing. I do find the green smoke rising from its eyes a bit distracting sometimes though...

As for other pulse rifles, you just need to try some and find one you like. There's a pretty wide range you can buy or just get from drops. I had one rare pulse rifle that had a scope, a gigantic 30 round magazine, and fired full auto. It was a bit unstable and probably took four on target bursts to kill, but it was a ton of fun just holding down the trigger until the enemy died. I had another rare that was basically a Fair and Square without the name or purple background. Big, slow firing, but easy to use with good range.

Shadow Price is a good gun though. I don't use Auto Rifles, but it, Grim Citizen III, Shingen-E, and the Suros Regime are the ones I know I have to be almost perfect against or they will kill me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread