Well, assuming fun isn't a motivation for you (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 11:33 (3440 days ago) @ iconicbanana

And you don't have the "complete 3" bounty. Then yes, there's no point.

It's fun when there's people around. 9 out of 10 public events I find myself in have no one, making Assassinations and Conflux Protections very difficult--in some cases, impossible. When I'm by myself, the stuff gets harder, BUT I'm primed to be the only one to get a reward--reward meaning a shard or energy, plus some more waiting for me at the Tower for completing one per day.

ALL my guns require a good 32 Ascendant Energy, and I can't just join raids every 5 seconds--they're long, they're insanely difficult, and they require too many. Public events are our lean version, our quickie to earning just a little bit more. I still have no idea what the hell ANY of the raid stuff means, so that makes it impossible for me to be an effective player. Public events--there's Fallen over there,

kill.

they.

ass.

Simple as that.

I find public events fun. But since most of mine are private, I find the reward for acing them more fun. Without it, I'm just standing in a circle or next to a pillar, getting my ass kicked Lone Wolf style and getting nothing for it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread