Edge magazine Destiny feature…

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 08:20 (4035 days ago) @ kapowaz

‘Loot’ includes weapons — they specifically mention a couple of named guns that drop — very Borderlands
They mention seeing a concept art piece that shows dozens of combinations of weapons, and speculate that weapon models are procedurally generated from various ingredients

I never bought into the billions of guns for borderlands. It just seemed overwhelming, I'm hoping Destiny keeps it manageable.

The frozen base that looks like it's been hit by an ice storm is named as Europa.

Jupiter!!??? I sure hope so!

Any idea of being able to play solo is pretty much brushed off; Pete Parsons talks of introducing a ‘slope’ to encourage single players to co-operate with others they encounter, and the article mentions that you'll encounter other players whether you want to or not

Kinda how I've been reading into it. I guess I don't mind, I always have more fun playing with friends. But I can see how it might be off-putting for some. Still, they wouldn't do it unless it was awesome right?

The Vex are time-travelling robots from the future (I know some speculation has been that they're from the past, but I've never personally been sold on this).

Cool.

The Traveler is claimed to have arrived before Humanity's Golden Age, and thus actually precipitated it rather than arriving in the nick of time to protect them from the alien threat. I'm not sure I've heard this anywhere else and so I'm unclear if this is a mistake on the part of Edge in their interpretation of the plot. It is also claimed that it was ‘centuries’ ago.

Hmm... Interesting, the plot thickens.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread