Edge magazine Destiny feature…

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 15:04 (4052 days ago) @ breitzen

I never bought into the billions of guns for borderlands. It just seemed overwhelming, I'm hoping Destiny keeps it manageable.

*shrug* It's really not that bad in Borderlands, there's a lot of possibility for small variations but there's really only a small number of base weapon types - once you figure out what you like to use you just ignore everything that isn't in your particular preferred categories. Plus it's all irrelevant once you find the couple of legendary weapons you'll actually use for the rest of the game. :P

I'm sure Bungie will make it awesome.

The frozen base that looks like it's been hit by an ice storm is named as Europa.

Jupiter!!??? I sure hope so!

Certainly seems that way. And from what I read on Wiki just now, Europa is quite icy so this would make sense. I am looking forward to an awesome skybox here.

Any idea of being able to play solo is pretty much brushed off; Pete Parsons talks of introducing a ‘slope’ to encourage single players to co-operate with others they encounter, and the article mentions that you'll encounter other players whether you want to or not

Kinda how I've been reading into it. I guess I don't mind, I always have more fun playing with friends. But I can see how it might be off-putting for some. Still, they wouldn't do it unless it was awesome right?

This is how I'm looking at it as well. I'm not going to get in a tizzy because "OMG NO SOLO PLAY!?!?!?! There are plenty of games I can play by myself. If Bungie has a particular vision for what will make Destiny fun, and that vision can only be facilitated by me being online when playing it, then so be it. I look forward to finding out why. And it's not like my XBox is ever offline anyway.

And yes, I get that some people's consoles aren't always online, or maybe are never online. But Bungie doesn't owe you an offline game - if this is what they're making, and it doesn't work for you, you can play something else. I don't mean that to sound like "GTFO if you don't like the way things are." Rather, I'm just stating that no one is forcing you to buy Destiny if your situation is such that you cannot play it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread