Where I am with Destiny now (Destiny)

by Warbow, Friday, December 05, 2014, 11:42 (3452 days ago) @ squidnh3

I am having a similar experience. I started playing the game late and feel like I am playing catch-up. I spent several weeks playing the game every night. My wife jokingly would ask in the evening if it was time to start my second job. I was beginning to feel that I was on my way to becoming a valuable companion for raids and strikes. Now that my work schedule has increased, I have been unable to play every evening. This work load will continue till the end of the year and with the changes that Bungie is making to the game. I fear that I will fall behind again. When I am ready to join a Raid I don’t want to be the dead weight.

I am in the same boat with the Nightfall and the Raid. I haven’t attempted either one. I can barely get time to play now. I’ve seen my son try to get a Raid scheduled with his clan a few times. It never starts when scheduled. Then after they do get started late, someone almost always has to leave or is having connection problems. Doesn’t really sound like fun to me.

I understand that Bungie is trying to make this a social game. But for casual gamers they are really making it difficult. Currently, I now have an extreme excess of planet materials that I was planning to turn in for Marks and then buy legendary items to turn into ascendant materials. This change and the bug with Public events really impacts my current upgrade path/plans as a single player.

I know that Bungie is trying to make the game better but the jury is still out for me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread