DestinyRaider.net - VoG Walkthough feedback (Destiny)

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, January 23, 2015, 14:26 (3380 days ago) @ petetheduck

I was going to recommend using headers to visually separate alternative strategies, but I suppose this removes the problem by the roots.

Also, in no particular order:

The menu bar wraps the last 2 boxes down onto a second line, I assume that's not intended.

Some of the text content exists only in an image. I generally recommend against this for accessibility reasons. it means the text can't be called up properly or accessed at all by a screen reader. (also there's no alt text to describe the image which could be another possible solution.) I understand why this would be a low priority for a video game walkthrough, but lots of people can benefit from these technologies, even if they are not totally blind.

I'm glad there's an index at the bottom of every page of the walkthrough. Maybe have it at the top of the body as well, for easy navigation if they were linked into the middle of the guide by someone?

Considering the importance and repetition of using the shield well, it may be a good idea to spend some time in the Templar instruction explaining the different features of the shield and how you would use them effectively in different situations.

It's probably a good idea to distinguish between alerting a gorgon so that they start to seek for you and being spotted by a Gorgon so that the gaze begins as two different events.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread