Meh. What Bungie is missing isn't even mentioned (Destiny)

by Earendil, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 13:39 (3354 days ago) @ Korny

Story.

Having watched the video and never played the game, what I'm sensing the request from Bungie here is:
1. Better items from the factions
2. Faction specific bounties

What I don't see being requested is the only thing that's hard to implement, a story to go along with each faction. I have a feeling that the reason the factions aren't more than they are is because the story around them wasn't written/implemented in time. Other priorities were ahead of them as deadlines (inevitably) slipped, and thus the factions were left behind with just a skeleton of their hopeful future.

What I don't want to see Bungie do is simply give me faction specific bounties to earn cred for faction specific exotics, WITHOUT giving me something that's entertaining, engaging, and fun to play. Simply doing #1 and #2 is just putting a carrot out in front of us and asking us to do the same old thing under a new name, which I believe we've all complained about enough :)

When/If Bungie gets a story behind the factions, I expect them to present that story to us in exactly the way indicated. But it's not there out of a lack of imagination.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread