Korny, I hope this game picks up pace fast (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, February 13, 2015, 21:02 (3353 days ago) @ ZackDark

Because right now, it's pretty boring. Also, about only 1%, if that, of the market can be bought with in-game currency, which clearly pays for their bills. I enjoy the mod tweaking and upgrading, even if I'm still not sure of how the synergy(?) thing works. Some use more slots than stated, some use less.

Any tips on making the game more dynamic?

The Foundry is a big thing in the game. If you go to the store (right-hand side of the cockpit), you can buy Blueprints for almost any weapon, Warframe, or sentinel. The blueprint is bought with in-game currency, then you go to the foundry and build it, provided that you've picked up resources (every planet has their own set, and you find the resources by simply playing the missions, or building mining machines)... You should focus on the first set of weapons that you found first, and work to get them to level 30, which will open up the ability to rank up.

Also, Mods are important, and you pick them up by playing missions too (they drop more often than green engrams). Mods can completely overhaul your weapon, and you can even save multiple mod loadouts per weapon/frame... (you can even level up mods through Fusion, but avoid the Transfusion until you're more experienced. It lets you sacrifice four random mods for a random reward, which can often pay out very well, but it's costly).

It's slow going the first few hours, but there are tweaks that you can change in the options menu to change how the game plays (I recommend turning off motion blur, and open up 360° melee, rather than directional melee...

But yeah, 90% of the market can be built through simply working for it. 8% through finding the parts in special missions, and only 2% through direct purchases (limited edition skins and decorations, mostly).

The problem with Tutorial videos is that they get dated after only about six months, since some pretty massive UI overhauls have happened in the last year.

I should make a tutorial video. A lot of stuff isn't very clear at first, but the Codex (left of the cockpit) can answer almost any question that you have...

Also, don't be intimidated by things that take days to craft. You can get those started while you level up the starter gear.

The game opens up around level 3, but anything you want to get in the game is never more than a few days away... Faster sometimes if you join a clan and they simply let you have stuff...

It's a shame more DBO folk don't join Sammy and I on PS4, we have tons and tons of free stuff to help folks hit the ground running.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread