Is There Really No End To Harassment? (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, February 16, 2015, 18:21 (3378 days ago)

So, this morning I was playing a little Destiny to get some bounties cleared before I had to go to work, do a Daily--real quick stuff. I go to the Tower to drop 'em off, and out of nowhere, this asshole bombards me with spamming invites. Just as quickly, another person steaming shit-puddle in his party also spams me with invites. I guess he wanted me to join his group. Anyway, he continues doing this non-stop. So as quickly as I can, I select his gamertag, report him to Xbox/Microsoft for doing so and then block his profile so he can no longer send me messages or get matched up with me in MM. I also do the same for the other prick. I sigh in relief at the renewed quiet.

But I shit you not, a good 2 minutes later, both of them start up again, regardless of the fact that I just reported and blocked them both.

The invites just went right through like nothing had happened. Fighting this was moot,and I turned my console off since it was time for me to go to work anyway, but what if I was off? Like I'll be tomorrow?

Would I truly be victim to this kind of insistent spamming even through two separate block-walls?

Whom do I blame for this: Microsoft or Bungie?

The former should really have a better hold on managing profiles and messages, invites included. The latter should really have an "Invisible" mode implemented into this game--what's the point of appearing offline on your Xbox if your name shows up in your bright emblem colors anyway, where strangers, jerks and (sometimes) annoying friends can see you regardless?

In addition to that, what happened to Party Privacy? On my perma-loading pause screen in the 360 version, I can change my privacy to open, open to friends, invite only, or no one at all. Now, it seems on the one that there's no privacy to no body, anyone being able to join anyone's group, permission or not. Why isn't that in the Xbox One version, and what can I do to get rid of spamming assholes if this happens again?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread