FTL strategies

by electricpirate @, Tuesday, April 09, 2013, 12:27 (4035 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Okay, so I've beaten it 3 times on normal, Engi A, Kessler B, and Zoltan A. Here's my strategy.

1. Earlier on, I save money, and try to avoid as much damage as possible. I try and hit every node possible, so at the end of the galaxy I'm in, I'm just one jump ahead of the rebel fleet.

2. My upgrade priorities are always 1. Engines 2. Shields, 3. Cloak or Teleporter 5. weapons. Engines are super mega key in this game, as is having a good pilot/engine guy. Maxed engines+ fully leveled pilot+ fully leveled engine guy = 60% dodge or so. Now I can avoid damage like crazy, and if I can find a cloak, I'm nearly invulnerable. Cloaking is key.

3. If have a decent crew I shoot for a teleporter too, this maximizes scrap, and this helps

4. For weapons a combination of burst lasers and one-two beam weapons is pretty much all you need, failing that, a couple of ion blasters, or powerful missiles. The RNG giveth and the RNG taketh away, so if you can get a Burst Laster 2/3 JUMP ON IT.

For the final boss, My strategy is as follows.

1. Teleport guys to the missille room, destroy them, and destroy the missile, do this with 2 of the other guns leaving the second from the left (blasters I think)

2. Actively teleport people in and out to distract from the cockpit, so you can reduce the dogge probability, and break his shields.

3. In the later stages, Cloak is your friend. When he does a droid swarm... cloak, or a power burst cloak. It's your best, and, other than your engine/pilot awesome dodge skills your only defense.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread