Final alien race? *IMG heavy*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, April 18, 2013, 00:36 (3998 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Well, crud. Way to burst my bubble :) And nice job on the picture meshing. I saw the similarities in the two, but the differences between them made me really wish it was the fifth race, and I decided to run with it.

In my book Rampant Speculation + a sprinkling of facts like you did = Good! :) If nothing else it's an interesting series of changes they seem to have made since the concept art. I suspect and hope that maybe the red cloaks guys are still in and the render we see is more of a Hive combat leader with cloak guy being a political leader.

We'll just have to wait and see. E3? Or they might keep that one under wraps until release.

I'd call that a definite maybe! :p

I sorta get the feeling, with the Vex specifically, and somewhat so with the Cabal and the Fallen, that we've just seen races attacking us under someone else's orders. The Hive feel a bit more outside all that to me… like maybe a wild card race. I want to think Flood, but I can't imagine having something close to the Flood in Destiny. So that leave the mystery race as maybe the real enemy? Or is that too Halo and the Prophets- ish?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread