Treasure Maps

by thebruce ⌂, Ontario, Canada, Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 06:34 (4014 days ago) @ Tawpgun

They should have like different tiers of them. Some of them are fairly easy to figure out. Some require a bit more thinking and problem solving.

And then some of them should be designed to be figured out by the community. I'm talking about ARG level complexity where the community will have to sift through multiple clues, code etc in order to decipher it. It would be interesting to witness and it'd be like FEZ all over again.

In a way, the sort of dynamic 343 was implementing with the puzzle pieces leading to waypoint sequences for rewards; that sort of concept. Whether elements of the map (and I'm not talking about some contrived 'puzzle' style piece-me-together task) are discovered/retrieved/researched/solved in-game or in the real world, it would be pretty sweet to have that sort of social teamwork in order to figure out such treasure-map style rewards. Adventures in and of themselves. Imagine very very significant ancient discoveries, requiring many people to come together, then set out on the trek in game to the X, and whatever lies in wait :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread