DBO Podcast: Starside Lounge, Episode 3! (DBO)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 29, 2015, 14:01 (3195 days ago) @ Beorn
edited by Kermit, Monday, June 29, 2015, 14:25

Great job! There may be slicker podcasts, but many of those seem to be done by aspiring voice actor dude bros striving too hard to have a personality and say a funny. I love you guys just the way you are, pauses and all. :)

Highlights for me was hearing those of you who got to play talking about your experience--especially Colin and what he had to say about the campaign.

I had the thought during Xenos' comments about pricing that it's fitting that Gamestop may have financed physical stuff we don't need in that they are a physical store we don't need. I think they would have been better off had they stressed the limited availability of the non-digital Collector's Edition a bit more--while supplies last, that sort of thing. Treating the geegaws as perks for early buyers might have made the price scheme seem less strange.

Levi's comments were always engaging--I share some of his claustrophobia re: the new location and his enthusiasm for the new art assets. Also not a fan of Walmart's skybox. Levi made me laugh out loud several times.

You did a good job hosting, Beorn--thanks for restarting the podcast.

There was some other guy mumbling some stuff at the beginning. It picked up after he left.

In all seriousness, I appreciate the fairness with which you treated some controversial aspects of Destiny's business model. I think all of you chimed in about the cost of development, and that's something that's notably off the radar for so many people. It's unrealistic for us to continue to expect more for less.

Look forward to the next installment.

Kermit

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread